Getaway Car Hire offers a personalised service to all our customers.
Looking for a Getaway Car Rental or Budget Car Rental in Cape Town? We provide the best & budget-friendly Car Hire Services in South Africa. We do not believe in a “one size fits all ‘approach.
We offer a full range of vehicles, from a runabout to get you from A to B to off road 4×4 & SUV’s
We provide helpful information for when you and your family arrive at the airport. We can direct you to the pick- up point for your vehicle, as well as the rest rooms and restaurants
We can also offer guidance on routes and destinations in the area you are headed for on your trip
We can assist with information on where to get a South African SIM card for your cell phone, if you do not have international roaming available .
What People Ask
The driver is required to be 21 years or older and in possession of an unendorsed drivers’ license for a minimum of two years to hire a car in South Africa. The same applies to foreigners with International Drivers’ Licenses.
Cars can be collected and dropped off at all major city centres and airports located throughout South Africa
In the unfortunate event of an accident in your hired car, follow the below steps:
- Remain calm and call for assistance for any injured persons. Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Do not admit liability
- Take down all details for other parties / driver(s) / witnesses involved:
Name, Identification number, Vehicle registration number, Insurance details and contact details.
- Notify the rental company
- Do not allow the vehicle to be towed away unless it is by somebody authorised to do so by the rental company.
- Report the accident to the South African Police Service. Make sure you obtain a reference or case number.
Complete and submit a Damage Report when returning to the branch or when a replacement vehicle is provided
We accept all major credit cards for vehicle rental in South Africa – , Master Card, Visa.. Unfortunately we do not accept Cheque or Debit cards, nor do we accept cash. American express and Diners club cards to be available soon.
Notification in respect of cancellation and or refund:
- The renter must notify the rental company formally, in writing, of any cancellation due within 24 hours prior to collection and or delivery of the rental vehicle.
- Formal notice by renter of cancellation must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On receipt of formal notice of cancellation the rental company will have 7 (seven) working days to process refund.
- If a booking is not cancelled and the renter fails to show up, a no show fee will be charged at one day’s rental.
- If a booking is cancelled within 24 hours from pick up, the renter will be charged R200 cancellation fee.
- If a booking is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, the renter will not be charged any cancellation fee.
Our fuel policy is full to full
Feel Free to Say Hello!